How we preserve your confidentiality
Information we collect
When you use our website to get a quote or purchase a short-term car insurance policy, we may collect the following information:
- Personal information, such as your name, address, date of birth, and contact details
- Information about your vehicle, including its make and model, registration number, and VIN number
- Information about your driving history, including any claims or convictions you may have
- Payment information, such as your credit or debit card details
- We may also collect information about your use of our website, such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with a quote and/or short-term car insurance policy
- To verify your identity and eligibility for insurance cover
- To communicate with you about your policy and any changes or updates to our services
- To process payments and manage billing
- To analyse and improve our website and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Our insurance partners, in order to provide you with a quote and/or short-term car insurance policy
- Our payment processing partners, in order to process payments and manage billing
- Our IT service providers, who assist us in operating and maintaining our website and services
- Law enforcement agencies or regulators, where required by law or to protect our rights or the rights of others
- We may also disclose your information to third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of our company.
If you have provided us with your contact details, we may use this information to send you marketing communications about our products and services. You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the communication or by contacting us using the details below.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and have implemented appropriate measures to protect it from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures include physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
However, please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the internet or storing information electronically is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Retention of your information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the services you have requested, and for a reasonable period thereafter to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or to resolve disputes.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete any personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, to restrict its use, or to request that it be transferred to another controller.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below. We may require proof of your identity before fulfilling any such requests.